Gift Certificates Available. SHOP NOW!
Platinum Award Winning Recording Artist. Creative, focused, high integrity, dedicated professional with proven track record of more than 30 years in the music business as a recording and touring artist, session musician, singer songwriter, producer and music professor teaching workshops, classes, one on one (e.g. “The Art of Recording.” ) Singular distinction of being produced by Beatle, George Harrison, on the Apple Records label prior to George’s ground breaking “Concert For Bangladesh.”
Inspired by George, Lon founded Imagine a Better World Productions“Media for Conscious Change” and has served as President/CEO. (1985–present) in 1985 with the philosophy of...“Music for the Higher Good”
Mercer County Community College, A. S. Degree. (1966- 1967)
• Berklee School of Music, Boston (1968)
• The New School for Social Research, New York City, NY, majoring in composition. (1969)
Became a United Nations Delegate. Joseph Eger is the author of “Einstein’s Violin” and creator of The Symphony for United Nations. Mr. Eger heard Mr. V’s score for the “Dance of Life” and sponsored Mr. V to become a delegate to the United Nations.
I am a Platinum Award Winning Recording Artist. Creative, focused, high integrity, dedicated professional with proven track record of more than 30 years in the music business as a recording and touring artist, session musician, singer songwriter, producer and music professor teaching workshops, classes, one on one (e.g. “The Art of Recording.” )
Recording Artist/Songwriter/Composer/Session Musician (1967– 1985) • Played guitar, piano, clarinet, sax, sitar and sang on hit recordings by George Harrison, Ringo Starr, John Lennon, Dr. John, Harry Nilsson, Carly Simon, Art Garfunkel, Lon & Derrek and many more.
I have the singular distinction of being produced by Beatle, George Harrison, on the Apple Records label. I have played on many hit recordings and am currently President og Imagine a Better World Productions, LLC.
When I was 16 years old VOX sponsored me and I played their guitars and amps at the 1964 World's Fair in NYC.' I began my music lessons at age 4 on clarinet. My Mom, from Italy sang Opera and my Dad from Idaho was an accomplished guitarist.
I taught guitar and reeds as a teenager. I love to teach and currently teach the "Art of Recording" which I have done for 9 years.
As a result of my auspices beginnings I have been able to "give back" and have done projects such as:
“Rock-N-Rudolph's” (1986 – 1987) Developed and produced the first “test” project for Imagine a Better World Productions that raised over $20,000 during the ten days of Christmas when it was available at the King Soopers grocery stores in Denver.
• “Give A Little Loe” (1988 – 1989) Developed and produced the “Give A Little Love” Fundraising and Market Branding Project for The Boy Scouts of America with Ben Vereen,Ringo Starr and George Harrison. It was introduced at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade by President Ronald Reagan on NBC-TV to 55 million viewers. It provided the opportunity for scouting to 200,000 new boys. Mayor Koch accepted a $30,000 check from the first week’s sales. The Scouts sold the product door to door and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars and got an act of congress to change the Boy Scout Creed into a Rap song
• “The American Soviet Youth Orchestra”(1988 – 1992) premiered at the Kennedy Center, conducted by Zubin Mehta. It was the first ever effort by the United States and the Soviet Union to form a single orchestra. Sponsored by American Express and American Airlines. Produced the inaugural recordings from the Kennedy Center and Lincoln Center concerts. Recorded at Bolshoi Hall, Moscow, and Oberlin College on the 22 city world tour. The video from the tours, “East Meets West in Music,” was the highest rated classical music program in the history of PBS television. Featured on Sunday Morning with Charles Kuralt.
• "Pulse of the Planet" (1993 – 1994) supported fifteen environmental organizations in partnership with Turner Broadcasting (“TBS”) and the first ever environmental television series “EarthBeat”. Stevie Wonder headlined a cast of socially conscious musical performers. Lon became a member of Ted Turner’s Better World Society. “Good Housekeeping” magazine featured the recording project on its Front Cover.
• “Denver at the Apollo” (1995 – 1999) involved over 2,000 “high risk” inner-city youth. The production culminated in a broadcast video-taping at the Paramount Theatre with over 105 local performers, supported by city officials, leaders of the business community, sports figures and educators, all drawn together to create positive alternative behaviors to gang membership and violence - by creating 'peak experiences,’ positive social responsibility, job skills and socially acceptable mental imagery.
I treat my students as professionals and we agree to lofty goals together. It was just this thinking that got me signed to the Beatles label. I use a combination of these areas of expertise and my own "MUSIX system. AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Professor/Instructor/Facilitator • Speaker, lecturer, seminar leader
• Producer of recording artists • Songwriting, Scores, Arrangements
• Computer music creation and sequencing • Manages cause-related project partnering
• Outstanding interpersonal skills • Created MUSIX system of perceiving sound
• Develops Artist/ media concepts • Develops youth through music and art
• Fund Raising projects and financing • Conducts workshops, classes. seminars
Because I teach at my recording studio I am able to offer recorded feedback of the student's performances and lessons. Further, there can be collaboration with recording artists and other students through the online connection we have set up.
Is it Luck or the Power of Creative Thinking? I'm posting this with many thanks to Lon for a wonderful workshop. While my intent was to take the course on the basis of its technical merits, I have been touched to a greater extent by both your philosophies of music and life. . .Lon refers to himself as lucky. I think a lot of this luck is believing in yourself. At what point did Lon "discover" his luck--was it Berklee Conservatory, was it in London? Is it karmic or is it nurturing the mind to appropriately take on risks and adeptly handle the challenges? Posted by Paul Petersky
Recording at Lon’s Studio is one of the most exhilarating, fun and motivating experiences of my life. Lon and Consti combine professionalism and love to make it a truly rewarding experience. It's evolved in me a passion to sing that I never before would have taken seriously. Posted by Mindy Vickers
Yo, Mister V! You asked us to write a paragraph about the class. I was going to give it to you at your party but forgot, so here it is: Imagine Imagine there’s no crappy music, It’s simple and it’s fun, No poor mixes around us, Because we listened to Lon, Imagine all the students recording for eight weeks... Imagine there’s no right or wrong way, And trust in your sixth sense, Learn from what you already know, And hands-on experience, Imagine all the students enlightened one by one... Imagine talk of music and philosophy, From a soul that doesn’t quit, Answers to questions you never thought of, From a dude who knows his shit, Imagine A Better World Studio, that’s where this all takes place... You may say I’m a music maker, But I’m not the only one, I hope some day you’ll join the alumni, And we’ll all record as one My life as a musician is like pushing a boulder up a mountain, but I will not stop until I reach the peak, and when I do I’ll smash the boulder into steps so that I may climb higher. I want to make a record. I’ve got a pile of emotions that need a place to live. I’d like to sing you some songs and discuss music and see if what makes me sing makes you want to hear me sing
Select all the days/times the student would be available to start lessons. Selecting "3pm - 7pm" means the student can start as early as 3pm or start as late as 7pm. It is important that you select as many days and the widest window of start times for each day as possible. That will help us make a match with one of our teachers.Ok
Are you sure that's your only availability? The more availability you easier it will be to arrange a teacher for you.