Gift Certificates Available. SHOP NOW!

Musika Music Lessons
We'll match you with the perfect teacher!

Lesson Special - Up to 20% OFF! Get Started Now with a Risk-Free Trial!

Kenady S In HomeHome Teaches OnlineOnline
avatar
Instruments: Voice, Acoustic Guitar
Styles: Classical, Pop, Rock, Country, Gospel, Musical Theater, Showtunes

avatar

Kenady S In Home Teaches Online
Instruments: Voice, Acoustic Guitar
Styles: Classical, Pop, Rock, Country, Gospel, Musical Theater, Showtunes

Where I Teach:
In Your Home My Studio Online
Ages Taught: 5-80
Levels Taught:

EMAIL US OR CALL 877-687-4524

Verification

Background check cleared

Social security verified

Name verified

Phone verified

Email verified

Address verified

ABOUT
Degrees / Training / Special Info:
MBA, Dallas Baptist University, Entrepreneurship BS, Dallas Baptist University, Music Business
Awards:

2018-Composition Award - Dallas Baptist University School of Music 2016-Performance Award- Dallas Baptist University School of Music

Overview:
I'm a passionate instructor who has a love for working with students and cheering them on in their musical career. I've been in 27 musical theatre productions, and have a true passion for the stage. Most notable productions include being Samantha in the Off-Broadway production Circle of Friends at the American Girl Theater, Alice in Alice in Wonderland at Casa Manana, and Sally Brown in You're a Good Man Charlie Brown at Dallas Baptist University. I studied voice for 5 years at Dallas Baptist University, and since have grown in other areas of my voice. I released an EP in 2016 called Let's Be Real, and am currently producing an original musical. I have a love for the arts, and long to pass it down to the next generations.
EXPERIENCE
Teaching Voice is 90% being a cheerleader and the other 10% technique. Voice is so mental because the instrument is apart of us. This fact is why I love teaching voice so much. I love cheering my students on to first find their natural talent, and then polish their talent with different technique and methods. I also realize that there are many different styles of music, and I would never hinder my students from pursuing whatever style is their passion. However, I will also challenge them in different styles. A basis of classical music can give a foundation for them to pursue any style they want to go in and I will spend time with that repertoire, however, I will also give them an opportunity to spend time in the style they want to pursue so they can find healthy ways of achieving each and every sound.
METHODS USED
I create custom lesson plans for each student, for unlike the trombone or the cello, everyone's voice is considerably different. I will first hear the students goals, and where they want to go, or what they want to do. Then, I will assess where they are at, and then customize lesson plans to take them from where they are to where they want to go. I will do this by giving them different songs to learn. I will start with at least one classical piece, along with one from the style in which they want to sing. Through these pieces, we will learn to polish their natural talents and gain confidence in their singing ability.
LESSON STYLE
Nothing is more rewarding than seeing a student gain confidence in their voice. Singing can be very scary especially at first, but it is my passion to be a cheerleader of the singer. Singing is mostly a mental game, and my passion is to fight that one first. One can have all the technique in the world, but if they don't have confidence, musicality is thrown out the window. So, I primarily focus on giving the student a safe place to make mistakes grow and learn and feel comfortable to explore. Then, I give them songs that will challenge them, but also songs that are great for their voice that will feel good to sing for them.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Teacher Video
Teacher Video
0 REVIEW
Leave a Review
Verification

Background check cleared

Social security verified

Name verified

Phone verified

Email verified

Address verified

BBB A+ rating
Check out our A+

Rating from the Better Business Bureau

Risk Free Trial Lesson
100% Risk-Free Trial Lesson

If you are not satisfied after your trial lesson, you will not be charged and we can match you with another teacher.

Ready to Get Started? Take a Risk Free Trial Lesson!

No credit card required.

Select all the days/times the student would be available to start lessons. Selecting "3pm - 7pm" means the student can start as early as 3pm or start as late as 7pm. It is important that you select as many days and the widest window of start times for each day as possible. That will help us make a match with one of our teachers.

Ok

Are you sure that's your only availability? The more availability you easier it will be to arrange a teacher for you.

Up to 20% OFF!