Gift Certificates Available. SHOP NOW!
BA in Music - Drew University
MM in Music Composition - Mannes School of Music - The New School
June 2016, Rutgers Advanced Orchestral Composition Award - 1st Place
As an award-winning composer and sound engineer I have written concert pieces and scored independent films, shorts and commercials. My passion is to collaborate using instruments and technology to create inspiring and evocative music. I thoroughly believe that music is a universal language that can effectively communicate any human emotion through any artistic medium. I started my Master’s of Music Composition Program in Fall 2016 at one of NYC’s top music conservatories, Mannes School of Music where I studied with renowned composer Dr. Lowell Liebermann. I was chosen as the primary film composer for the student thesis films and graduated in May of 2018. I was selected to compose a piece for the 7:1 dance collaboration project run by the Rovaco Dance Company. Upon reviewing the May 2017 premiere of my piece, Courtney Escoyne wrote in The Stewardship Report that the work was “most affecting” and “at its most cohesive.” I have studied under several industry professionals including John Kaefer (Quantum Break, Sequestered, Shark Tank), Michael Bacon (The Jewish Americans, Boy Interrupted, The Bacon Brothers) and Sam Estes (Music Editor on Inception, The Dark Knight Rises and Co-Founder of Sonicsmiths/Amper Music). I won the orchestral composition award for Rutgers Annual Orchestra Day in June of 2016 and was ranked in the top percentile of the Marvin Hamlisch film scoring competition on a global level, which was judged by Oscar- winning composer Mychael Danna. I have interned at Sandblast Productions, Creative Group and The National Chorale where I did several things ranging from scoring commercials to assisting with live camera concert directors and stagehand sound design.
I have also excelled as both a teacher and a tutor. In 2011, I began my own business teaching piano, strings, composition/music theory and electronic music production. Additionally, I have set up sound and instrumentation for orchestras and bands including Trey Anastasio of Phish and The National Chorale at Lincoln Center and has performed at Carnegie Hall. I also do string-instrument repair and maintenance. While working as an administrator at the NJ Workshop for the Arts, I was given many opportunities to step into leadership roles, both as administrator and educator. I have instructed and performed music for Nursing Homes and have coordinated/taught for Music Counts which provides music lessons to under-privileged youth. I have also developed leadership roles in my studies at Mannes in both composition courses and Michael Bacon’s Film Scoring and Music Technology course. Most recently, I have worked as an Audio/Video Editor and Sound Engineer for NV Factory. While there I did live camera and microphone operation for classical music concerts as well as mixing and mastering in post-production using ProTools 12 and Final Cut Pro X. I have also done composition and sound design for Smashing Graphics Game Studios and Haus Music Library. While there I composed and mixed music and sound effects for video games, TV shows, commercials and animated shorts on Logic Pro X, Cubase and Digital Performer. Most recently I have been doing work as the Composer Assistant to NYC film composer, Todd Griffin who has scored over 40 feature length films. I score cues, orchestrate and record music for him.
• Studied with John Kaefer (Quantum Break, Sequestered, Shark Tank) and Michael Bacon (The Jewish Americans, Boy Interrupted, The Bacon Brothers)
• Mannes School of Music at The New School – New York, NY o M. M. Music Composition – GPA 3.9
o Private Instructor: Dr. Lowell Liebermann
• Drew University – Madison, NJ o Bachelor of Arts, Music - Guitar/Composition – GPA 3.5
o Private Instructors: Dr. Trevor Weston and Dr. Norman Lowrey
• Ithaca College – Ithaca, NY
o Studied Music, Theater, and Film – GPA 3.4
2015 – Present
2016 – 2018
2012 – 2014
2010 – 2012 2018 – Present
• Music Composer – Smashing Graphics Game Studios, Todd Griffin Asst. & Haus Music – NJ
o Video Game, TV series & library composer/orchestrator/sound designer using LPX & Sibelius.o Independent ▪ Scored Phlur.com and other commercials and several short films using DP9
• Private Business Owner – Parente-Rosin Music Studio – Westfield, NJ
o Provides music lessons to all age groups, schedules lessons and recitals each season o Organizes day-to-day operations of music studio
• Music Teacher and Instructor – RMC Studios - Garwood, NJ
o Teaches strings, piano, scoring/electronic music and music theory o Spear-headed chamber program for strings
• Assistant Musician and Soloist – First Baptist Church – Westfield, NJ
o Prepared and performed music on strings, piano and voice and also set up mics/sound
• Audio/Video Engineer – NV Factory – Englewood Cliffs, NJ
o Cam & Mic setup for in-studio & concerts. A/V mix and master with PT12 & FCPX
• Administrator - NJ Workshop for the Arts – Westfield, NJ
o Scheduled lessons, managed payroll and filing, conducted rehearsals and performances
• Production Assistant Intern – Creative Group, LLC & The National Chorale– New York City, NY
o Worked as a stagehand, assisted live cam directing, PA, writing and sound design Awards/Highlights
2018 – Present
2011 – Present
2012 – Present
2014 – Present
2014 – 2016
2013 – 2016
• One of seven composers commissioned to write a piece of music to be choreographed by the Rovaco Dance Company of NYC in 2016-2017
• Attended the Advanced Level Film Scoring Institute at the University of Cincinnati’s College-Conservatory of Music lead by Thomas Haines in June 2016
o Received instruction from Industry Professionals including Academy Award winning composer Troels Folmann (Tomb Raider Series), Music Editor/Sound Designer Sam Estes (The Dark Knight Rises, Inception, Co- Founder of Sonicsmiths & Amper Music), and composer Jonathan Wolff (Seinfeld, Will & Grace)
• Fully scored and orchestrated an animated film for Marvin Hamlisch Film Scoring Contest in 2015 and ranked in the top tier on a global level (judged by Oscar-winning composer Mychael Danna)
• Won First Place for Rutgers University’s Annual Orchestra Day Composition Competition for the original work “Earth Tones” composed for full orchestra, which premiered June 5th, 2016 at Nicholas Recital
• Commissioned to write choral and orchestra piece for WHS alumni and teachers in 2017
• Attended The Walden’s School Creative Musician’s Retreat in June 2015 and was profiled in a Composer Forum (Sakura Quintet) with Composer-in-Residence Martin Bresnick
I have taught quite literally all ages. 5-75. Styles and lesson books used varied depending upon student and school. I usually taught Suzuki for violin, viola and classical guitar (tend to prefer Scott Tennant Pumping Nylon book for classical guitar though). And usually Faber Piano Adventures for young piano students. Eventually going to Clementi Sonatinas and Chopin Preludes. Also Mel Bay Modern Guitar for beginning rock/jazz guitarists. Then eventually going to Mickey Baker’s Jazz Guitar books. Learning notes and tablature.
Traditional. Classical: Suzuki
Jazz: Mel Bay Modern Guitar and Mickey Baker. Styles and lesson books used varied depending upon student and school. I like to involve the student in any way I can and make sure they have an interest in the subject matter. I stress the importance of practicing and enjoyment of music. I believe music is a universal language and I approach lessons with an intuitive understanding of musical elements as well as traditional study of theory and craft. An individual of any age can learn and enjoy music.
Select all the days/times the student would be available to start lessons. Selecting "3pm - 7pm" means the student can start as early as 3pm or start as late as 7pm. It is important that you select as many days and the widest window of start times for each day as possible. That will help us make a match with one of our teachers.Ok
Are you sure that's your only availability? The more availability you easier it will be to arrange a teacher for you.