Gift Certificates Available. SHOP NOW!
Associate Degree: Middlesex Comminity College
UMASS Boston ALUMNI
My name is Dennis, I’ve played the guitar since I was 8 and I have a degree in Music Performance (Classical Finger-Style Guitar) from Middlesex Community College, and I am studying Music Ed. @ UMASS Boston. I have studied for years with world renowned classical composers and instructors, performed across New England, and taught a diverse group of students over the years. The guitar is my life!
The Blues, Bluegrass, and Metal are my personal favorite genres to play.
I began teaching my friends and family for fun in my early teens. My mom is a teacher and she taught me the basics of guitar at a young age. By the time I graduated High School it seemed like being a guitar instructor was the only job for me. It still seems that way, however I have expanded my business towards building and repairing guitars, amplifiers, and effect pedals. I look forward to teaching and fixing guitars every day. After teaching students of various ages and backgrounds over the past 8 years I have learned things I never could have imagined. There is more than a lifetime of learning and enjoyment inside the guitar.
We will focus on:
• Chord construction and rhythm playing: Open Chords, bar chords, triads
• Lead guitar: Scales and playing and writing guitar solos
• Learning your favorite songs
• How to read sheet music, tabs, and chord charts
• Playing in bands, writing music, improvising, and developing your style
• Music Theory: Learn how the pros use all the same tricks and theories to write songs in every genre
• Fun techniques like finger picking, harmonics, tapping, and speed picking
• Healthy practice routines and self-study guides
• Hand strengthening exercises/stretches
• How to properly restring, setup, and maintain your guitars. This will save you hundreds of dollars over the years!
Playing guitar is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, not daunting and stressful. My teaching method has proven to be fun and effective for children and adults alike. I will teach you how to play the music you love, and show you how to guide yourself to learn, practice, and write the music you want to play.
The choice is yours, we can cover everything from Rock & Roll, the Blues, Classical, Metal, Jazz, Bluegrass, Music Theory, basic repairs and more. Classes are specially tailored for each student to meet their needs. I teach total beginners and intermediate/advanced players seeking to learn and improve their skills.
Select all the days/times the student would be available to start lessons. Selecting "3pm - 7pm" means the student can start as early as 3pm or start as late as 7pm. It is important that you select as many days and the widest window of start times for each day as possible. That will help us make a match with one of our teachers.Ok
Are you sure that's your only availability? The more availability you easier it will be to arrange a teacher for you.