Gift Certificates Available. SHOP NOW!
DMA, University of Nevada-Las Vegas, Vocal Performance
MM, Georgia Southern University, Vocal Performance
BA, The University of Houston, Vocal Music
Dr. A Grace Lee Mims Memorial Vocal Scholarship Recipient (The Cleveland Foundation, 2010-2011),
Carol A Carter Music Scholarship Recipient (Georgia Southern University, 2008, 2009)
2nd Place Adult College/Private Study (Georgia National Association of Teachers of Singing, 2010)
Outstanding Solo Performance/Ensemble (Tiffin University)
Vocal Music Instructor-Part Time, 8/2011-2014
University of Nevada-Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV
Courses: Voice Class for Non-Majors, Private Voice Instruction
• Responsible for the vocal development of undergraduate Voice Majors, Minors and Non Majors.
• Provide various vocal techniques and exercises to meet the requirements for their particular degree plan.
• Academic Instructor for Voice Class for Non-Majors course.
• Assist, as needed, with Vocal Repertoire Class as well as any other items as requested by the vocal faculty.
Private Voice and Speech Instructor: Statesboro, GA and Las Vegas, NV 8/2008-2011
Course: Male and Female Vocal instruction ages 15-45
• Taught various vocal techniques and exercises, assisted students in their vocal development through private and group instruction.
• Assisted public speakers such as teachers, businessmen and beginning students in developing a healthy use of their voices.
Assistant Director of Music/Voice Coordinator, 2004-2008 St. Luke Baptist Church, 1660 E Main St. Columbus, OH
• Assisted in the development of all aspects of the music department.
• Performed regular vocal coaching’s and prepared the choirs during rehearsals and prior to concerts and services.
• Co-founded “Arts at St. Luke”: A program designed to promote, introduce and combine classical, spiritual and popular music through various workshops, concerts, community outreach and private and group lessons.
• Coordinated with director to create and adhere to an annual budget for the music department.
I pride myself in my ability to create unique, individual lesson plans for my students. First, the student and I will have a consultation to discuss the specific goals and aspirations they have for their voice. After this discussion, we will create goals accordingly. Examples of materials we will examine are breath management, tone production, diction, enunciation, articulation, acting, speaking, theory and history. We will also address other musical ideas or issues that the student my have.
As I firmly believe in the power of music and singing, I like to create levels of success for the student that are individual and specific to that student. I know that each student progresses differently so after a lesson or two, we will create goals specific to that student. I enjoy getting feedback from the student as well as allowing them to share their goals and aspirations for their voice. I also believe in being able to adjust the lessons and goals as the student advances their studies. We can add more music or subtract according to interest of that student. I stive to ensure that each student receives the highest level of education as possible.
Select all the days/times the student would be available to start lessons. Selecting "3pm - 7pm" means the student can start as early as 3pm or start as late as 7pm. It is important that you select as many days and the widest window of start times for each day as possible. That will help us make a match with one of our teachers.Ok
Are you sure that's your only availability? The more availability you easier it will be to arrange a teacher for you.