Gift Certificates Available. SHOP NOW!
BA in Music Education w/ emphasis in Trumpet
• Jazz Band, Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Pep Band 1999,2000,2001,2002
• 2002 Lions Student Honors Band, April 2002
• Prince George's County All State Honors Band 2001,2002
• University of Maryland Student Honors Band 2002
• American Musical Foundation Band Honors -June 2002
• Prince George's County Solo & Ensemble Festival-2002 -Superior Rating I Concerto C by Vivaldi Level V (County)
• Prince George's County Solo & Ensemble Festival-2003 – Superior Rating I Aria con Variazioni by G.F. Handel Level V (County)
• Maryland Music Educators Association Solo/Ensemble Duet -Superior Rating I -Concerto C by Vivaldi Level V (State) (2002)
• Performer Youth -The Gospel of Jesus Christ -Production (VPS) 1999 -2000
• American Musical Ambassador -European Tour -July -2003
Thespian, Writer, and Musician- highly dedicated to trumpet playing. I am defined as an adaptable, ambitious, self-motivated, poised and down to earth individual- merged with a limitless imagination and inventive drive. I breathe, eat, animate music.
• American Musical Ambassador -European Tour -July -2003 • Kingsway International -Beijing, China -Salute to 2008 Olympics June-2008 • Eric Roberson band member-2007 • President Church Youth Ministry -1999 • Youth Gospel Choir (Victorious Praise Singers II) -1999 -2003 • Share Food Community Distribution, Jan -March, 1999 • Outreach Ministry Block Party, August, 1999,2000 • American Musical Ambassador -European Tour -July -2003 • Evening of Jazz & Dance, January, 200 I -2003 • AATDTG (All About The Drama Theatre Group) • Host band @ Indulj, Washington D.C • Ronnette Harrison (gospel artist) band-member • Blues Alley guest artist “Lahla-Hadiya” Jazz Neo-soul recording artist • Twin Jazz in Washington D.C.- “Lahla Hadiya” • RBMA presents The Mind of Mannie Fresh • 9:30club Washington, D.C. • Howard Theatre • Famous-Dave’s BBQ Battle of the bands. Washington, D.C • Richmond Folk Festival ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES • Prince George's County- Band Festivals 1999/2000,2001/2002 • University of Maryland- Jazz Band Workshop Festival & Clinic 2001/2002 • Hampton University Music Band Camp -July, 2000 and July, 2001 • Jazz Workshop -Renowned Legend -Frank Foster, 2001 • Pre-Festival, Winter & Spring Music Concerts, December, April -1999 -2003 • Band Day -September, 2002 • Kingsway International -Beijing, China -Salute to 2008 Olympics June-2008
For beginning students who are children, I typically start with practice away from the horn building their breathe control and mouthpiece buzzing. I will introduce them to Carl Fischer's Arbans Complete Conservatory Methods for Trumpet and other technical studies w/melodic expressions.
My teaching come from the Suzuki philosopy. I want to make good citizens. If a child hears fine music and learns to play it they develop sensitivity, discipline and endurance. I develop the students mid-brain in a musical enviroment. I teach the student how to use their ears more and their eyes less. If the students ear is strong and well honed, their music journey will be so much enjoyable.
Select all the days/times the student would be available to start lessons. Selecting "3pm - 7pm" means the student can start as early as 3pm or start as late as 7pm. It is important that you select as many days and the widest window of start times for each day as possible. That will help us make a match with one of our teachers.Ok
Are you sure that's your only availability? The more availability you easier it will be to arrange a teacher for you.