Gift Certificates Available. SHOP NOW!
Berklee College of Music, Boston, MA U.S.A. Performance Major: Electric Bass (Graduated Diploma, Magna Cum Laude) Recipient: Berklee European Tour Scholarship
Philippos Nakas Conservatory, Athens, Greece 1998 Music Major (Graduated Diploma, with honors) Recipient: 4-yr Scholarship
Berklee European Tour Scholarship 1998
International Bass Player And Educator. C0-Founder Of The Band ELEKTRIK MARKET
Born In Tirana, Albania. Ervin’s Love Of Music Developed Naturally In A House Where His Father’s Paintings, Mother’s Strength, And Brother’s Musicianship Abounded. After Completing One Year At The Conservatory Of Music In Tirana, He Moved To Athens, Greece And Began His Bass Studies At Philippos Nakas Conservatory. There He Met His Mentor And Friend Yiotis Kiurtsoglou, An International Bass Master Who Introduced Ervin To The Music Of Charlie Parker, John Coltrane, Bill Evans And Jaco Pastorius. It Was At This Time In Ervin’s Life When He Began To Understand And Appreciate The Depth Of Jazz. In 1998 Ervin Graduated From Nakas Conservatory And Received A Scholarship From Berklee College Of Music In Boston, Massachusetts USA. After Graduating From Berklee In 2000 With A Concentration In Performance, He Quickly Became One Of The Most Sought After And Influential Bass Players In The New England Area, He Also Studied With The Guru Of Jazz Charlie Banacos and World Renown Bassist’s Gary Willis. He Is A Touring Artist Participating In Many Festival, Concerts And Leading Clinics, Workshops In Many Universities and Colleges In The US And Overseas.
• Jazz Band Director: Andover High School (2019-present)
• ELEKTRIK MARKET: Concert/Workshop , UMASS Boston (2020)
• ELEKTRIK MARKET: Concert/Workshop, Brazosport College, LJ Texas (2020)
• ELEKTRIK MARKET: Concert/Workshop , Tirana,Albania (2019)
• ELEKTRIK MARKET: Concert/Workshop , UMASS Boston (2019)
• Private Instruction: Bass, Grooves, Improvisation, Theory (2003 – present)
• Jazz Masterclass: Tulla Culture Center: Tirana Albania (2015)
• Jazz Workshop: University of Pristina: Pristina Kosovo (2013)
• Jazz Workshop: Music High School of Pristina: Pristina Kosovo (2013)
• Jazz Workshop: Music High School of Prizren: Prizren Kosovo (2013)
• Bass Clinics: Tirana Albania (2006, 2013); Pordenone, Italy (2005)
• Leader, Private Student Ensembles (2008 – 2010)
• Contributor: Berklee Summer Sessions “Guitar Week” (2006 – 2016)
• Centre Music Instruction & Summer Camps, Framingham, MA (2001 – 2007)
• Bosse School of Music, Weymouth, MA (2003 – 2007) • Music Shop, Melrose, MA (1999 – 2000)
For beginning students who are children, I typically start with Hal Leonard's Essential Elements. Once the student has progressed to have a grasp of the fundamentals, I will begin to introduce solo repertoire appropriate for their first recital performance. For adults, I try to find out what the student is interested in, and guide my instruction accordingly to keep the lessons engaging and fun, no matter their ability level. I Focus On Understanding What My Students Want To Get Out Of Their Learning Experience So That Each May Reach His Or Her Goal(S). Some Students Want To Train For Scholarships To The Best/Biggest Music Academies In The World, Others Simply Want To Play In A Garage Band Or During A Camping Trip. Still Others Are Professional Musicians At The Top Of Their Game Seeking To Expand And Develop Further.
Patience And Commitment For Learning Are Important To Me. I Strive To Uphold The Utmost Professional Decorum For All Of My Students. Their Confidence In Their Ability To Learn Music As They Also Learn Their Instrument Is Very Important. Of Critical Importance Is That My Students Feel A Musical Connection So That When They Reach Their Goals Under My Instruction, They Have A Heightened Sense Of Accomplishment. Visit Www.Youtube.Com/Ervbass For Video Clips. Beginners, Intermediate And Advance Students Are Welcome.
Select all the days/times the student would be available to start lessons. Selecting "3pm - 7pm" means the student can start as early as 3pm or start as late as 7pm. It is important that you select as many days and the widest window of start times for each day as possible. That will help us make a match with one of our teachers.Ok
Are you sure that's your only availability? The more availability you easier it will be to arrange a teacher for you.